Sustainable Eden Prairie is an ongoing effort focusing on education and implementation of sustainable practices to protect the environment and natural resources our community enjoys.
Building upon the success of the 20-40-15 initiative, the City is leading by example and providing a foundation for residents and businesses to carry out sustainable practices in four areas — energy, landscape, waste and water.
NEWS AND EVENTS
City Participating in Earth Hour 2018
At 8:30 p.m. Saturday, March 24, Eden Prairie is joining hundreds of millions of people around the globe to participate in Earth Hour, the world’s largest public action to stand in solidarity for the protection of our planet.
As a symbol of the City’s commitment to the environment, the clocks on Eden Prairie’s iconic water tower will go dark for Earth Hour 2018.
The City’s participation in this global event is an acknowledgment of its continued focus on actions that benefit the community and the environment.
By setting an example, the City also encourages others in the community to turn off non-essential lights in their homes and businesses from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., and to make a commitment to go beyond the hour with positive action for the environment year-round.
Ready to be part of the solution?
- Apply for water conservation rebates
- Learn about energy-efficiency rebates and programs
- Stay informed and subscribe to Sustainable Eden Prairie news
- Explore energy, landscape, waste and water sustainability information and best practices
- Find resources and information about everything from energy-efficiency ideas to water conservation