Sustainable Eden Prairie is an ongoing effort focusing on education and implementation of sustainable practices to protect the environment and natural resources our community enjoys.
Building upon the success of the 20-40-15 initiative, the City is leading by example and providing a foundation for residents and businesses to carry out sustainable practices in four areas — energy, landscape, waste and water.
NEWS AND EVENTS
City Achieves GreenStep Cities Step 5 Award
The City of Eden Prairie was once again recognized as part of the Minnesota GreenStep Cities program and received the “Step 5” award at the League of Minnesota Cities annual conference June 15. Step 5 is highest level of achievement in the program.
Minnesota GreenStep Cities is a free, continuous improvement program based upon 29 best practices that are tailored to Minnesota cities and focus on cost savings, energy use reduction and encouraging civic innovation. As one of 113 participating cities and tribal nations, the City of Eden Prairie is helping to lead the way in sustainability across the state of Minnesota.
More information about Eden Prairie's sustainability efforts is available at edenprairie.org/SustainableEP.
Learn more about the GreenStep Cities program at mngreenstep.org.
Ready to be part of the solution?
- Apply for water conservation rebates
- Learn about energy-efficiency rebates and programs
- Stay informed and subscribe to Sustainable Eden Prairie news
- Explore energy, landscape, waste and water sustainability information and best practices
- Find resources and information about everything from energy-efficiency ideas to water conservation