News releases issued by the Eden Prairie Police Department, including incident briefs and crime alerts, are distributed with the intent to inform and educate the community and encourage public safety.
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICERS
Community Notification Meeting Regarding Level III Predatory Offender
Pursuant to Minnesota State Statute, the Eden Prairie Police Department is releasing information about Jerry Bryant Thomas [PDF], a Level III predatory offender who will be moving to the area of Kara Drive and Edenvale Boulevard in Eden Prairie effective Aug. 30, 2017.
The Eden Prairie Police Department and Minnesota Department of Corrections are hosting a community notification meeting regarding Thomas:
Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Immanuel Lutheran Church
16515 Luther Way
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
The Police Department will broadcast this meeting live at facebook.com/EdenPrairiePolice, and the video will be available on-demand immediately following the broadcast.
For more information about Jerry Bryant Thomas and his offenses, click here to view a fact sheet from the Minnesota Department of Corrections [PDF].
Jerry Bryant Thomas is not wanted by the Eden Prairie Police Department and has served the imposed sentence for his offenses.
In response to this notification, Eden Prairie Police recommend the following:
- Attend the public meeting: This is your opportunity to learn more, ask questions and express your concerns.
- Be diligent: If you observe or hear of suspicious behavior or activity call 911 immediately.
- Be cautious: Remember that this may not be the only predatory offender living in or around the community; it is always important to be cautious and to talk to children about potential situations.
- Educate yourself and your family: Visit the Police Department Predatory Offender page for links to additional information and safety tips.
- Protect this law: Protect your right to know about dangerous offenders living near you. The harassment of any individual is a crime and will not be tolerated.
The Eden Prairie Police Department has compiled this information to keep you informed, because a well-informed public makes for a safer community.
If you have questions for Eden Prairie Police regarding the community notification process, contact Officer Elizabeth Stroner at 952-949-6286.