Sustainable Eden Prairie is an ongoing effort focusing on education and implementation of sustainable practices to protect the environment and natural resources our community enjoys.
Building upon the success of the 20-40-15 initiative, the City is leading by example and providing a foundation for residents and businesses to carry out sustainable practices in four areas — energy, landscape, waste and water.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Food Waste Reduction
Wasted food is a social, environmental and economic issue. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, discarded food in the United States totals $161-billion and equates to 21 percent of municipal landfill waste each year.
Save money, conserve energy and support the health of our community by learning more about food labeling and reducing food waste in your home.
Ready to be part of the solution?
- Apply for water conservation rebates
- Learn about energy-efficiency rebates and programs
- Stay informed and subscribe to Sustainable Eden Prairie news
- Explore energy, landscape, waste and water sustainability information and best practices
- Find resources and information about everything from energy-efficiency ideas to water conservation