A 10-week small-group program designed specifically for adult cancer survivors, the program improves cardio respiratory endurance and strength through regular aerobic exercise and resistance training. Class meets twice a week for 90 minutes.
Trainers Denise Bunch and Gail Ericson have undergone special training to provide a supportive, safe environment for each class.
Community Center Members: $50
REGISTER AND GET MORE INFORMATION
Advanced registration is required and class size is limited. Call 952-949-8470 to register.
Questions? Contact Megan Munoz.
Scientific research has proven that exercise is safe and beneficial for individuals during and after cancer treatment. Benefits of participation may include:
- Reduced fatigue and increased energy levels
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Improved quality of life
- Enhanced self image and sense of control
- Increased muscular strength
- Increased bone strength
- Greater endurance for daily activities
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Program open to cancer survivors to assist in recovery
- Participants must exhibit a strong personal desire for program
- Participants must enroll themselves (family members cannot register participants)
- Participants must commit to attending most classes
- Participants must inform their physicians and agree to obtain medical clearance for participation
- Participants must complete screening forms and a health questionnaire before joining
"The camaraderie forged with other participants and the individualized strength and fitness instruction has been pivotal in my return to physical and emotional health post-chemotherapy."
"While the program is set up for a group, I was comforted by the individual attention we all received. The program treats the mind, body and spirit by introducing strength training, aerobics, balance and yoga."