The Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), owner and operator of the Flying Cloud Airport, has completed its 2009 capital improvements for the expansion of the Flying Cloud Airport. Work was completed in February 2010.
If you have questions regarding MAC’s 2009 development plans please contact:
Allen Dye Airport Engineer
Metropolitan Airports Commission
6040 28th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55450
The Record of Decision for the airport expansion specifies:
- The north, east/west parallel runway was extended 300 feet to the west for a total length of 3,900 feet.
- The south, east/west parallel runway was extended 1,220 feet to the west for a total length of 5,000 feet.
- Construction of an additional hangar area on the south side of the airport has been completed.
- Acquisition of approximately 280 acres of land to protect the runway approaches and for the new hangar area has been completed.
- Relocation of airport lighting and various visual and navigational aids has been completed.