The Eden Prairie Police Reserves is an auxiliary unit of the Police Department.
Police Reserve officers assist sworn officers by performing community service tasks and non-criminal police functions. Reserves also assist in natural disasters and other emergencies that require additional personnel. Eden Prairie Police Reserves are volunteers and do not carry firearms.
Reserve officers are required to attend specialized training and become CPR/First Aid-certified. Reserves must work at least one weekend evening per month, attend monthly training meetings, carry a pager and respond when available to emergency calls.
Applications for the Police Reserves are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A high school graduate
- Possess a valid Minnesota driver's license and have a good driving record
- Be an Eden Prairie resident or live within 10 miles of the City
- Legal to work in the United States
- Able to pass the City's evaluation of a criminal history check
- In good physical condition
To apply for a Police Reserve position:
- Review the Police Reserve Position Profile [PDF]
- Complete the Police Reserve Application [PDF]
- Complete the Civilian Observer (ride-along) packet [PDF]
- Mail the completed documents to the Eden Prairie Police Department, 8080 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
For more information please contact the Police Department at 952-949-6200.