What is Adopt-A-Street?
A volunteer program for environmentally-conscious residents who want to keep Eden Prairie's streets free of litter. Groups or organizations contribute their time picking up litter along roadways to create a cleaner environment.
How do I Participate?
Register for Adopt-A-Street or get more information by contacting the program coordinator at 952-949-8313.
How does Adopt-A-Street Work?
The City works with groups or organizations to select a street; residential streets are not eligible for this program. Groups must agree to a minimum program commitment of two years and to pick up at least twice per year.
The Adopt-A-Street permit must be signed by a group representative and returned to the program coordinator for approval. The group representative is responsible for reviewing safety information with program participants before every pick up.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Participants 18 years of age or younger must have adequate supervision.
- Groups shall arrange pick-up dates in advance with program coordinator. Certain pick-up dates may not be allowed on or near holidays.
- The groups shall leave trash bags along the roadside as specified by the program coordinator. Recycling is encouraged for the group's benefit.
The City will:
- Provide trash bags
- Provide safety information
- Provide class-2 safety vests
- Remove trash bags and large, heavy or hazardous items from pick-up area
What is the value of Adopt-A-Street?
Adopt-A-Street is valuable to our community in several ways including:
- Helping maintain the natural beauty of our community
- Saving tax dollars by allowing maintenance crews to devote their time to other projects
- Providing a welcoming environment to visitors and creating community pride