The City budget is designed to provide Eden Prairie taxpayers with Fire and Police protection, Public Works, such as water, sewer and roads, Parks and Recreation, including caring for more than 1000 acres of parkland and nearly 170 miles of trails, and many other City services.
The budget serves as the foundation for the City’s financial planning and control. The City has a strong budget and financial position. Moody's Investors Service has assigned its highest rating, Aaa, to the City of Eden Prairie’s bonds each year since 2003. Reasons for the consistent bond rating include Eden Prairie’s extensive and diversified tax base, low amount of rapidly amortized debt and capably managed financial operations.
In 2013 City leaders determined that pursuing an additional bond rating from another agency could be financially beneficial. In early 2014, Eden Prairie secured a second AAA bond rating from Standard and Poor's Financial Services.
Financial Fact Sheet [PDF]
For more information about the City's financial operations, visit the Finance Division page of the website.
- 2016-2017 Proposed General Fund Budget [PDF]
- 2015-2024 Capital Improvement Plan [PDF]
- 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report [PDF]
- 2014-2015 Proposed Budget Summary [PDF]
- 2013 Adopted Budget [PDF]
- 2013-2022 Capital Improvement Plan [PDF]
- 2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report [PDF]
- 2012-2013 City Budget [PDF]
- 2012 Annual Report [PDF]
- 2012 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report [PDF]