The Heritage Preservation Commission safeguards the heritage of the City by preserving sites and structures that reflect significant elements of the City's cultural, social, economic, political, visual or architectural history. It promotes the preservation and continued use of historic sites and structures for the education and general welfare of the people of the City. The Commission fosters civic pride in the beauty and notable accomplishments of the past.
The Commission presents the Heritage Preservation Award annually to recognize an individual, family or business who has made an outstanding contribution to the preservation, rehabilitation, restoration and use of Eden Prairie's heritage resources.
Heritage Preservation Commission Charter Statement [PDF]
Heritage Preservation Commission meetings take place the third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in Prairie Room A/B at City Center.
Heritage Preservation Commission Members
- Tara Kalar – Vice Chair
- Steve Olson – Chair
- Valerie Ross
- Shanti Shah
- Richard Smith
- Pamela Spera
- Paul Thorp
Student Commission Members (2018-2019 School Year)
- Neha Bhupatiraju
- Sydney Lewis
- Joe Pesheck
The City Staff Liaison to the Heritage Preservation Commission is Lori Creamer.
- 2016 Accomplishments & 2017 Goals [PDF]
- 2015 Accomplishments & 2016 Goals [PDF]
- 2014 Accomplishments & 2015 Goals [PDF]
- Alliance of Preservation Commissions
- Heritage Preservation Ordinance [PDF]
- Minnesota Historical Society
- National Parks Service
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Office of the State Archaeologist
- Passport in Time
- Preservation Alliance of MN
- Secretary of the Interior Standards [PDF]