Nominations for the 2018 Sustainable Eden Prairie Award are now being accepted!
2018 Nomination and Award Process
- Nomination deadline is 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31
- Nominations may be made by persons on behalf of themselves or others
- Nominators are not required to be Eden Prairie residents
- At least one photo or document must be provided with the nomination form
- A property or program can be nominated in multiple categories
- Award recipients are selected by the Conservation Commission in September
- The number of awards each year depends on suitable nominations
- Both award recipients and their nominators are notified in October
- Award recipients receive formal recognition at a City Council meeting in November
The Sustainable Eden Prairie Award recognizes significant and innovative investments that contribute to the overall vitality and sustainability of the community.
Eligible entries include property improvements and organized programming or initiatives.
Nomination Categories and Examples
The four focus areas of Sustainable Eden Prairie serve as the nomination categories for the award. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Solar panels or solar-powered lighting
- Wind power
- Smart grid systems
- Energy-efficiency projects
- Geothermal HVAC
- Native plantings
- Pollinator-friendly gardens
- Low/no-mow grass
- Organics recycling
- Food waste reduction
- Clothing recycling/repurposing
- Reused/recycled construction materials
- Rain gardens
- Water retention ponds/systems
- Grey water reuse systems
- Shoreline preservation/restoration
- Green roofs
- Eden Prairie properties — residential, commercial, industrial and office
- Program/initiative must be implemented by an Eden Prairie resident, business or organization that serves Eden Prairie
- Past award-winning properties can only be nominated if new, eligible improvements have been made
- Members of the Conservation Commission are not eligible for the award while serving on the Commission
Award recipients receive a certificate and choice of a commemorative plaque or landscaping stone. There is no monetary award for the Sustainable Eden Prairie Award.
For questions about eligibility, nomination process or other Sustainable Eden Prairie Award information, contact Sustainability Specialist Carol Lundgren at 952-949-8313.