Since 2000, the City of Eden Prairie has offered rebates for residents to promote water conservation. The current program includes rebates for Energy Star washing machines, WaterSense toilets, WaterSense faucets, WaterSense showerheads, irrigation controllers, and the replacement, repair or audit of an irrigation system.
In addition, landscaping for water quality rebates are available for construction of infiltration areas such as rain gardens, restoration of shoreland areas or for permeable pavement.
To qualify for rebates, the following requirements must be met.
- Applicants must be Eden Prairie residents and have non-delinquent water utility bill accounts
- Product or project must be installed at address listed on applicant's utility bill account
- All purchases must be made within calendar year
- Applicant responsible for securing any permits necessary for project, if required
- Receipts or invoices which clearly identify model, date of purchase and Energy Star or WaterSense program qualification information must be provided with rebate application
- Products sold by contractors must include original purchase prices on invoice, separate from all labor, taxes, markups, fees or add-ons; City reserves right to evaluate prices listed and determine amount eligible for rebate
- For toilet purchases, both tank and bowl must have WaterSense label
- Rebate funds are limited, applications processed in order of receipt
Contact the City's environmental coordinator with questions regarding the City's water conservation rebate programs.