The Energy Star program was started by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to encourage energy conservation in the manufacture and use of appliances. By replacing your old washer with an Energy Star-qualified model, a family of four can save enough water to fill three backyard swimming pools. If your current washer is more than 10 years old, this could save your family up to $135 in energy costs per year!
The washing machine rebate program reimburses Eden Prairie residential water customers 50 percent of the pre-tax purchase price of an Energy Star-labeled product, up to a maximum of $100 per washing machine.
If you are replacing more than one washing machine, please contact the City's environmental coordinator for additional incentives.
- Washing machines must have the Energy Star label to qualify for the rebate.
- Copies of an itemized invoice or sales receipt documenting the make and model of clothes washer must be provided with the application.
- Failure to provide the required documentation and application form may result in disqualification.
- The City reserves the right to inspect equipment for proper installation.
- The City is not responsible for performance or water savings, no warranty or guarantee is provided.
- The City has the right to discontinue or amend the rebate program at any time.
- Funds are limited and are available on a first-come first-served basis.
Contact the City's environmental coordinator with questions regarding the City's water conservation rebate programs.
Energy Star Clothes Washer Information