WaterSense is a partnership program that was started by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to protect the future of our nation's water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products. For example, WaterSense faucets can reduce a sink's water flow by 30 percent or more without sacrificing performance. By installing a WaterSense faucet, an average household can save more than 500 gallons each year. Also, since these water savings reduce demands on water heaters, households can also save energy.
All products bearing the WaterSense label must complete a third-party certification process that includes independent laboratory testing to ensure they meet EPA criteria. Please note, faucet and showerhead accessories do not qualify for faucet and showerhead rebates.
The rebate program for faucets and showerheads reimburses Eden Prairie residential water customers 50 percent of the pre-tax purchase price of a WaterSense-labeled product, up to a maximum of $50 per item.
- Faucets and showerheads must carry WaterSense label to qualify for rebate
- Copies of an itemized invoice or sales receipt documenting make and model of faucet or showerhead must be provided with application
- Failure to provide required documentation and application form may result in disqualification
- City reserves right to inspect equipment for proper installation
- City is not responsible for performance or water savings, no warranty or guarantee provided
- City has right to discontinue or amend rebate program at any time
- Funds are limited and available on first-come, first-served basis
Contact the City's environmental coordinator with questions regarding the City's water conservation rebate programs.