WaterSense is a partnership program that was started by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to protect the future of our nation's water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products. WaterSense toilets use 20-percent less water than the current federal standard. By replacing an older toilet with a WaterSense model, an individual can save up to 4,000 gallons of water per year!
To qualify for the WaterSense label the toilet must undergo testing by an independent laboratory to show that it meets the rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency set by the program. Whether remodeling a bathroom or simply replacing an old, leaky toilet that is wasting money and water, installing a WaterSense toilet is a high-performance, water-efficient option.
The toilet replacement rebate program reimburses Eden Prairie residential water customers 50 percent of the pre-tax purchase price of a WaterSense-labeled product, up to a maximum of $50 per toilet.
- Toilets must have the WaterSense label on both the tank and bowl to qualify for the rebate.
- Copies of an itemized invoice or sales receipt documenting the make and model of toilet must be provided with the application.
- Failure to provide the required documentation and application form may result in disqualification.
- The City reserves the right to inspect equipment for proper installation.
- The City is not responsible for performance or water savings; no warranty or guarantee is provided.
- The City has the right to discontinue or amend the rebate program at any time.
- Funds are limited and are available on a first-come first-served basis.
Contact the City's environmental coordinator with questions regarding the City's water conservation rebate programs.
Toilet Rebate Form [PDF]