The City maintains six off leash dog exercise areas. All parks are open from 6 a.m.–10 p.m. Check out the Off Leash Dog Exercise Areas map to see all locations.
Please make sure your dog is properly licensed and review the rules and regulations before visiting an off leash dog exercise area.
Download the Off Leash Dog Areas brochure [PDF] and find a map of locations.
YEAR-ROUND USE SITE
Flying Cloud Dog Park
7171 Flying Cloud Drive
This fenced area is located on the curve on Flying Cloud Drive (along Highway 212) about ¾ of a mile south of Shady Oak Road.
Staring Lake Park
13800 Pioneer Trail
Located adjacent to the Staring Lake Archery Range, this 5.7 acres of fenced area offers spacious woods, an open area and natural walking paths. This park closes after the first sufficient snow fall of the year, to utilize the area as a Nordic ski trail area.
Crestwood Park Hockey Rink
9780 Dell Road
Edenvale Park Hockey Rink
7200 Edenvale Boulevard
Homeward Hills Park Hockey Rink
12000 Silverwood Drive
Nesbitt Preserve Park Hockey Rink
8641 Center Way
Bryant Lake Park
6464 Rowland Road
Operated by the Three Rivers Park District, this 9.3 acre site has a separate area for small dogs. There is a $5 daily fee, payable at the drop box. For more information, click here.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please adhere to the following when enjoying an Eden Prairie Off Leash Dog Exercise Area:
- Dogs must be licensed in Eden Prairie and properly vaccinated.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the off leash area.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- By law, you are responsible for damage and injuries inflicted by your dog.
- Individual dogs known to be aggressive are not permitted.
- Clean-up after your dog and dispose of waste properly.
- Maximum of two dogs per handler.
- Children under the age of 12 must be closely supervised by an adult. Children age 6 and under are not allowed within the off leash area.
- No glass containers.
- No smoking.
- No female dogs in season.
- No unauthorized motorized equipment or vehicles.
- No bikes.
For further information on Animal Regulation and Licenses, please refer to City Code 9.07 [PDF]
All dogs must be licensed in Eden Prairie. Call 952-949-8300 to request an application, or click here for details.