Technology has allowed the City of Eden Prairie to connect with the public like never before. By using our website as a platform for open government and investing time and resources in new engagement channels, in addition to traditional methods, we are helping residents to be better informed and to play a more active role in their community.
Eden Prairie residents can do business with the City in person, via mail, by phone and online. In order to allow the public to engage with and conduct business on their own terms, we are continually looking for new ways to make it easier and more efficient to interact with the City.
- City Website — edenprairie.org offers online services, such Parks and Recreation program registration and building license and permit transactions. We will continue to expand the level of these services and transactions available online.
- Mobile Website — When users access the City website with a mobile device, the mobile version of the site is automatically displayed, which is compatible with all major smart phone operating systems, including Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Mobile and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions — The most frequently asked questions (FAQs) to the City have been compiled into a list of questions and answers organized by department and subject area, and are accessible in a variety of locations on the website. The list will be continually updated as we receive new questions.
- Contact Us — If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on the website, there are several ways you can “contact us” and receive an a response within one business day: submit a Contact Us online form, call the number listed on the Contact Us form or contact staff member directly via the phone or email address listed in the staff directory.
- Stay Connected — The Stay Connected page of the website lists the various ways you can receive information and engage with the City, such as CITY NEWS email subscriptions, CITY BLOGS and Facebook.
Town Hall Meetings / Open House Events
The Eden Prairie City Council provides opportunities for residents to address the Council in an informal venue and atmosphere a few times a year. In addition, when there are important decisions to be made, the City makes every attempt to ensure residents are informed and have a chance to weigh in, including using its various communication channels and hosting Open House events.
City leaders want to know the sentiment of the community before making decisions and planning for the future, so we collect feedback in a variety of ways.
- Quality of Life Surveys — This biennial community survey gathers residents' opinions and suggestions about current and future needs in the City. A statistically random sample of Eden Prairie households provide City leaders with a pulse on how residents feel about their community, and the data plays a major role in determining how the City moves forward with regard to policy.
- Business Surveys — The City partners with the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce to conduct periodic surveys of businesses within the community. The results are used to gauge the business climate and identify ways in which the City and Chamber can better serve the needs of the business community.
- Customer Service Surveys — Eden Prairie Liquor surveys its customers annually to continually improve customer service.