Fredrick-Miller Spring has a long history of active use, but exactly how long the spring has been used is not known. The earliest recorded mention of springs and seeps comes from mid-nineteenth century government surveys and the diaries and memoirs of the area's first Euro-American settlers. Based on these sources, it is known that springs and seeps occurred in relative abundance in the valley areas and that these sources of clean water were highly sought.
The City of Eden Prairie acquired the property in 1969 and made improvements in 1972 and in 2003. Little else disturbs the spring site and today it appears much like it did in 1890.
Fredrick-Miller Spring is located on the east side of Spring Road (County Road 4), one-quarter mile north of Flying Cloud Drive. The site includes an access turnout for automobiles and a trough for year-round use.
Last updated: 2/7/2013 4:17:31 PM