News items produced by the City of Eden Prairie Communications Division are intended for members of the news media and the community at large.
City Offers Emergency Repair Program for Seniors
The City of Eden Prairie offers home improvement grants for Eden Prairie homeowners 60 years or older who need emergency home repairs.
Residents may be eligible for loans of up to $5,000 that are forgiven after three years. Eligible emergency repairs include:
- water heaters
- furnaces and central air conditioners
- accessibility upgrades such as grab bars and hand rails
To qualify for this grant, applicants must:
- own and live in their Eden Prairie home
- meet household income limits
- have an eligible emergency repair
For more information or to apply for this grant, please contact Jeanne Karschnia at 952-949-8486.