News items produced by the City of Eden Prairie Communications Division are intended for members of the news media and the community at large.
Preserve Boulevard Improvement Project Begins This Week
Pre-construction activity on the Preserve Boulevard Improvement Project begins this week.
- Setting up traffic control signs that include the construction start date
- Installing a temporary traffic signal at Prairie Center Drive and Anderson Lakes Parkway
- Clearing trees
- Installing erosion control materials around the perimeter of the project
- Delivering equipment to the site
The Preserve Boulevard Improvement Project includes the following primary components:
- Prairie Center Drive/Preserve Boulevard intersection improvements.
- Addition of a second southbound lane on Preserve Boulevard and associated intersection improvements at Anderson Lakes Parkway.
- Addition of left turn lanes at all intersections along Preserve Boulevard and center medians along the full length of the roadway.
- Addition of a storm water pump station to pump water from Eden Lake to Neil Lake. This is an improvement to the Eden Lake storm water outlet to help control Eden Lake water levels and minimize the impact of large rain events on adjacent properties.
Construction is scheduled to be completed this fall.
Learn more about Eden Prairie road construction projects at edenprairie.org/InfrastructureProjects.