News items produced by the City of Eden Prairie Communications Division are intended for members of the news media and the community at large.
April 26, 2019 Friday Report
Call for PeopleFest! Party Performers and Exhibitors
The PeopleFest! Party is a large-scale event during the second annual PeopleFest! A Community Celebration of Culture and will take place from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11 at Staring Lake Park.
The event includes live performances and a variety of cultural and educational organizations sharing their stories, activities and outreach. Performers and exhibitors are encouraged to apply to be part of this fun event at edenprairie.org/PeopleFest. Applications received by Friday, June 7 are given priority consideration.
Real Talk With Rick Podcast
"1 Million Cups" is the latest installment of the Real Talk With Rick podcast. Patrick Donohue, the engine that drives 1 Million Cups Eden Prairie, chats with Rick about the foundation that built 1 Million Cups, the importance of entrepreneurship and Eden Prairie's City Government Academy.
Housing Task Force
The City is seeking candidates for a Housing Task Force to address lifecycle housing, inclusive and affordable housing, and other housing options in Eden Prairie. The Housing Task Force will focus on three phases of work:
- Gathering data (such as current housing stock, open space, census data, current City programs and resources)
- Researching other cities' housing programs, procedures, resources and best practices
- Formulating a list of options and best practices to present to the City Council
Members will be expected to attend one weekday evening meeting per month for nine months, beginning in June 2019.The application deadline is Tuesday, April 30. Apply at edenprairie.org/TaskForceApp.
Spring Employee Recognition Event
Our Spring Employee Recognition Event took place this past Wednesday afternoon where we welcomed new employees, recognized employees for years of service milestones and presented our annual "EPy" Awards to those employees who consistently go “above and beyond” to serve the people of Eden Prairie.
EPy Award Winners
- Carl J. Jullie Award for Excellence in Customer Service – Carrie Suedbeck
- James G. Clark Award for Excellence in Teamwork –Todd Johnson
- Mayor Jean L. Harris, M.D., Award for Community Service to the People of Employee’s Home Community –Jayden DeVilbiss
- Scott H. Neal Award for Excellence in Leadership – Kevin Schmieg
- City Manager Quality Awards – Mohamed Duale, Mary Krause, Beth Novak-Krebs, Valerie Verley, Will Zafft
Project Profile [PDF]
Council Calendar [PDF]