News items produced by the City of Eden Prairie Communications Division are intended for members of the news media and the community at large.
A Message from Mayor Ron Case
Over the past 10 days, coronavirus has altered our world in ways nobody could have predicted. Here is my message for the Eden Prairie community, as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times together.
Throughout this pandemic, the City is committed to providing essential services to the community, with public safety and utilities as our focus. The City’s Emergency Management Team meets daily to assess current conditions, while many staff members are working diligently from home.
Do Your Part
Eden Prairie residents, I call on each of you to do your part to keep your family, friends and neighbors safe and healthy during this pandemic. Each of us must accept and embrace our individual responsibility.
- Diligently follow the CDC’s health recommendations.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Stay home if you’re not sick, except for essential activities.
- If you have to leave the house, meticulously follow social distancing guidelines.
- Help others in need, but do so in a way that keeps you and the person you are helping safe.
- “Shelter in place” orders have begun in other states. Prepare for the possibility of a similar order in Minnesota, and strictly abide by if it happens.
Visit edenprairie.org/Coronavirus to find information and helpful resources for residents and businesses.
From my family to yours, may you enjoy a happy and healthy weekend.
Mayor Ron Case