Choose the Art Center for an amazing group outing!
An experienced teaching artist leads your group through an arts-based project designed for your specific grade level and interests. The time begins with a brief introduction to the center, followed by an artmaking extravaganza and ends with cleanup.
Learn to form clay over a mold and enhance it with texture and colored glazes.
Build your own pot by hand, and then add colored glazes.
Create a one-of-a-kind creature out of clay.
Learn to design and make your own unique tile using texture, shape and color.
Learn the basics of drawing using pencil or charcoal, and choose between drawing from a still-life or drawing a friend.
Assemble various glass pieces to produce a colorful 5-by-5 inch tile.
Use a mask mold as the foundation for all kinds of decorations such as feathers, beads, sequins, tissue paper, glitter, stickers and more.
Learn about positive and negative space, color, texture and composition by using a variety of materials to create an original mixed-media collage.
Explore with paint on canvas board and receive guided instructions from a teaching artist.
Go old school and learn one of the first forms of animation that paved the way for movies (and Instagram)!
Learn how to use textured, everyday objects and ink to produce one-of-a-kind prints.
With guided instructions from a teaching artist, you can learn to craft a puppet from paper or fabric.
Clay or glass-based projects: $15 per guest for up to 15 guests
All other projects: $12 per guest for up to 15 guests
A minimum of five guests is required to book a group outing.
- Available dates and times based on facility and instructor availability.
- Group outings can be 1 ½ or two hours long, including cleanup time.
- The Art Center cannot accommodate more than 15 guests total for project making. Adults chaperoning are not included in this number. Project participants must be in grades K–12.
- Only one classroom or studio space can be reserved for group outings. If you'd like to book more than one space, an additional charge is applied. You can make a request for more than one room in the "Additional Comments" section of the Group Outing Request Form.
- A $25 deposit is required for booking and is applied to the total cost of the outing.
- If a cancellation is made at least seven days before the event, a full refund of the deposit is given using the same method as original payment. If canceled less than seven days before the event, deposit may be used for one complementary reschedule in the same calendar year.
- Clay and glass projects must be left at the Art Center after the outing to be fired and may be ready to pick up within two weeks. Art Center staff contact the outing host via email and phone to notify when projects are ready to pick up. All projects created at the event are packed together and listed under the host's name.
Email the Art Center or call 952-949-8304.