The City maintains six off-leash dog exercise areas. All parks are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Please make sure your dog is properly licensed and review the rules and regulations below before visiting a dog park.
Flying Cloud Drive Dog Park
7171 Flying Cloud Drive
This fenced area includes a section for small or fragile dogs, in addition to a larger area for big dogs. The park is located on the curve on Flying Cloud Drive (along Highway 212) less than a mile south of Shady Oak Road.
Staring Lake Park – Open
13800 Pioneer Trail
Located adjacent to the Staring Lake Archery Range, the 5.7 acres of fenced area offers spacious woods, an open area and natural walking paths. This park closes after the first sufficient snow fall of the year to utilize the area as a Nordic ski trail; and reopens in the spring after snow thaw.
Crestwood Park Hockey Rink
9780 Dell Road
Edenvale Park Hockey Rink
7200 Edenvale Boulevard
Homeward Hills Park Hockey Rink
12000 Silverwood Drive
Nesbitt Preserve Park Hockey Rink
8641 Center Way
Rules and Regulations
- Dogs must be licensed in Eden Prairie and properly vaccinated.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the off-leash area.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- By law, you are responsible for damage and injuries inflicted by your dog.
- Individual dogs known to be aggressive are not permitted.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste properly.
- Maximum of two dogs per handler.
- Children under the age of 12 must be closely supervised by an adult. Children ages 6 and under are not allowed within the off-leash area.
- No glass containers.
- No smoking.
- No female dogs in season.
- No unauthorized motorized equipment or vehicles.
- No bikes.
For more information on Animal Regulation and Licenses, please refer to City Code 9.07 [PDF].
All dogs must be licensed in Eden Prairie, including resident and non-resident dogs using the off-leash dog exercise areas. Call 952-949-8300 to request an application, or click here for details.
Bryant Lake Park
6464 Rowland Road
This 9.3-acre site has a separate area for small dogs and requires the purchase of a daily or annual pass from Three Rivers Park District.