The Round Lake Skate Plaza opened in 2013 and features concrete ramps, hubba and grind ledges, china bank, stairs, hand rail, flat bar and more. Skateboards, in-line skates and BMX bikes are welcome at the plaza.
Rules and Regulations
The Round Lake Skate Plaza is open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Please keep the following in mind when using the facility:
- The facility is unsupervised. Users assume all risks inherent in the use of this facility. Use may result in serious injury and/or death.
- Skate with safety in mind and remember weather conditions may create unsafe surfaces for users.
- It is strongly recommended that all skaters and skateboarders wear a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and wrist pads.
- Failure to wear protective equipment will expose users to serious injury and/or death upon falling or collision with others.
The following is prohibited when using the skate plaza:
- Glass containers, food or beverages on the skating surface
- Additional items such as benches, tables, wood materials or other objects
- Drugs, alcohol and tobacco products
- Loud music
- Disorderly behavior
In case of serious injury or other emergencies, call 911.
To report maintenance concerns, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 952-949-8441.
In response to indications that the overall health of the existing plaza was beginning to fail, Parks and Recreation staff began a visioning and brainstorming process with local youth for improvements to the area in 2010. It was during these brainstorming meetings that it became evident that reconstruction of the skate plaza would need the assistance of a professional design team.
Action Sports Design (ASD), a firm in Carlsbad, Cal. that specializes in concrete skate plazas, was hired to assist City staff. Incorporating feedback which was received from the community, ASD created three design drafts. Then, they used interactive media to make the drafts available to the community in order to receive additional feedback. The result is a design that fits the needs and desires of the local skating community.