The Assessing Division estimates market value and classifies more than 22,000 properties for property tax purposes.
The market values of homes must be in compliance with standards established by the Minnesota Department of Revenue and Minnesota Statutes. The market value should also represent the most probable selling price of the property as of the assessment date.
Application for Homestead
The online homestead application is designed to ease the process of declaring a homestead for Hennepin County residents.
Homeowners can apply for homestead online at hennepin.us/homestead.
- You may qualify for homestead if you own and occupy your home as your primary residence.
- A relative of the owner may qualify for a relative homestead when living in the owner’s house.
- Homeowners can track the application status online throughout the process.
- To protect private information, the online application uses a secure server and applicant registration with email login, and password protection. Information is not shared with outside parties.
Apply In Person
To apply for homestead classification in person, the following information must be presented to the Assessing Division at the Eden Prairie City Center:
- Application for Homestead Classification [PDF]
- Deed of Ownership or Certificate of Title
- Certificate of Real Estate Value
- Social Security numbers of all owners