May 21, 2020 — Temporary Order on Outdoor Dining Areas
A temporary order is in effect allowing any Eden Prairie business located in a commercial or industrial zone to establish drive-up or drive-thru areas, customer ordering, waiting or pick-up areas, or customer seating or service areas on its property to facilitate safe commercial activity consistent with federal and state orders or guidelines. The temporary outdoor use can occur in parking areas or green space areas without a variance.
No City permits are required for establishing these customer service areas, but operators must prepare a traffic management plan, and provide on-site traffic and operational management. Customer waiting, seating or service areas must not impede sidewalk usage nor block disabled persons parking spaces or ramps, or create nuisance conditions for abutting properties. Learn more at edenprairie.org/OutdoorService.
The Planning Division evaluates and regulates development in the City as stipulated in the Comprehensive Guide Plan, City Ordinances and metropolitan policies.
It provides staff services to the City Council, Planning Commission, Conservation Commission, Heritage Preservation Commission and Watershed Districts. These services include the implementation of the Comprehensive Guide Plan, administration of zoning ordinances, development agreements and the review of development plans.
The Planning Division responds to inquiries from residents, developers, businesses and realtors about the guide plan, zoning regulations, demographic trends and development possibilities.
Planning Forms and Documents
- Absence of Certified Survey [PDF]
- Certificate of Survey Requirements [PDF]
- City Code Ch. 11 [PDF]
- Combination/Subdivision Administrative Review Application [PDF]
- Conditional Use Permit Application [PDF]
- Deposit Agreement[PDF]
- Design Guidelines [PDF]
- Development Fees [PDF]
- Development Review Process Handbook [PDF]
- Land Development Application [PDF]
- Landscape Surety Requirements and Forms [PDF]
- Lot Line Adjustment Application [PDF]
- Meeting Calendar and Application Deadlines [PDF]
- Minor Subdivision Application [PDF]
- Outdoor Display Zoning Approval Application [PDF]
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy/Application [PDF]
- Shoreland Handbook [PDF]
- Sign Permit Application [PDF]
- Telecommunications Application [PDF]
- Telecommunication Application (Right of Way) [PDF]
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Registration Form [PDF]
- Town Center Design Guidelines [PDF]
- Variance Application [PDF]
- Zoning Brief [PDF]