The City of Eden Prairie's comprehensive plan — Aspire Eden Prairie 2040 — is a blueprint for our future to guide the City for the next 20 years.
Aspire Eden Prairie 2040 is the official policy document that serves as a foundation for decision-making and community vision, and was adopted by the City Council Oct. 1, 2019.
The process for developing the plan included fieldwork, data collection, market analysis, community engagement, conversations with the Planning Commission and City Council, and consensus-building over a period of two years.
The plan is Eden Prairie’s primary policy guide for growth and development related to housing, transportation, land use, economic development, parks and open space, infrastructure, sustainability, equity and community health. It guides land use, development, capital improvements, community investment and growth, and is the framework for regulatory tools, such as zoning and subdivision regulations.
Aspire Eden Prairie 2040
- Table of Contents
- Ch. 1 (Eden Prairie Today)
- Ch. 2 (Eden Prairie Tomorrow)
- Ch. 3 (Land Use)
- Ch. 4 (Housing & Residential Areas Plan)
- Ch. 5 (Economic Competitiveness)
- Ch. 6 (Transportation & Accessibility)
- Ch. 7 (Community Facilities Plan)
- Ch. 8 (Parks & Open Space Plan)
- Ch. 9 (Water Resources & Infrastructure Plan)
- Ch. 10 (Study Areas Plan)
- Ch. 11 (Implementation)
- Aspire EP 2040 Comprehensive Guide Plan Map