Riley Lake Park Beach – Open for the Season
9180 Riley Lake Road
Lifeguard Hours: Noon–7 p.m. daily
Enjoy a fabulous beach, great swimming, a boat launch, picnic tables, grills and sand volleyball. All watercraft must park south of the boat ramp.
Round Lake Park Beach – Open for the Season
16691 Valley View Road
Lifeguard Hours: 10 a.m.–7 p.m. daily
Swim in the lake, enjoy a picnic, build a sandcastle or relax in the sun. A large playground, park pavilion, tennis courts, baseball fields and large picnic area is also available.
- Safety breaks occur at Round Lake and Riley Lake Park beaches the last 10 minutes of every hour. All swimmers 17 and younger must get out of the water during safety breaks.
- For your safety, a maximum of 75 swimmers are allowed in the swim area.
- Swim at your own risk when lifeguard is not on duty
- Swimming is allowed only in the designated swim areas
- Children 7 and under must be actively supervised by and adult at all times and within arms reach of the child
- Swimmers who are not potty-trained must wear proper swim pants with snug-fitting elastic legs and waists
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted on the beach or in the swimming area
- Fishing is not allowed within 100 feet of the beach area
- Inflatables are not allowed in the swim area
- U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) are allowed on children who have an individual 16 years of age and older, in the water, within arms reach of the child
- Dunking, rough housing, shoulder rides or pushing are not allowed
- No throwing sand, sticks or rocks
- No face masks, fins, snorkels, kickboards or mats (see head lifeguard if you need clarification)
- Pets are not allowed on the beach
- No swimming in unauthorized areas
Round Lake Watercraft Rental Prices10 a.m.–7 p.m. daily
|Canoes||$5 per hour|
|Stand-Up Paddleboards||$8 per hour|
|Youth Kayaks||$5 per hour|
Round Lake Watercraft Rental Policy
- Watercraft rental fees are due at the time of use.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times, no exceptions.
- Watercraft can be rented to individuals ages 16 and older.
- Individuals ages 12 to 15 may rent a single canoe or stand-up paddleboard; individuals ages 8 and older may rent a youth kayak, if accompanied by an individual 16 years of age and older, in an adjacent watercraft.
- A driver’s license or photo ID for deposit is required.
- All participants must sign a waiver to utilize the watercraft.
- Individuals under the age of 16 must have waiver signed by an adult/guardian.
- Animals are not allowed on watercraft rental equipment.
- The number of the people within the watercraft may not exceed the standard for that craft.
- Persons may not jump out of the boat, overturn or deliberately swamp craft when in use.
- No docking, landing or beaching of craft at any point other than the marina.
- There are no warnings for violations. Persons not following the rules and regulations are asked to leave and forfeit the remaining rental time.
Questions about Eden Prairie beaches? Call 952-949-8470.
Bryant Lake Park Beach
6800 Rowland Road
Owned and operated by Three Rivers Park District, Bryant Lake Park offers an unguarded beach Memorial Day through Labor Day. The beach is open daily 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission to the park is free. Visit threeriversparks.org and learn more.
Hennepin County Public Health samples and analyzes 31 public beaches in the county to ensure the water quality is safe for swimming and has authority to close contaminated beaches.