Check and Card Fraud

The economic loss to individuals and businesses in the City of Eden Prairie due to bad checks and financial transaction card fraud is a continuous concern.
This packet is for individuals and businesses who have accepted non-sufficient-funds (N.S.F.), account closed, forged, or counterfeit checks and/or fraudulent credit card charges.

The procedure packet was created to help victims understand what they need to do in order for the police department to take reports from victims and pursue criminal charges against the suspects in these crimes.

Jurisdiction is in the City of Eden Prairie if the check passed hands in Eden Prairie or the credit card was used in Eden Prairie. If you are not sure where the jurisdiction should be, please call our office and any officer will advise you.

N.S.F. checks and account closed checks which do not meet our dollar amount threshold (a single or combined total loss over $150) can be handled by filing a civil complaint. Currently that can be done at:

Hennepin County Conciliation Court
Ridgedale District Court
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, Minnesota

Once you have complied with the information included in the fraud packet, you can file a report by calling the police department at 952-949-6200.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer