The goal of this program is to annually evaluate and prune vegetation throughout the entire City on a seven-year rotation.
Pruning vegetation improves intersection sight lines, eliminates branches that interfere with vehicles on the road or pedestrians on trails/sidewalks, and removes vegetation that impedes the City’s ability to perform maintenance and operation of utilities.
These activities may include pruning or removing of vegetation for the following reasons:
- Traffic signs, signals or roadway lighting blocked
- Sight lines for vehicles or trail and sidewalk use obstructed
- Vehicles and equipment operating in the roadway impeded (limbs located less than 16 feet above the roadway and 5 feet beyond the curb)
- Use of trails and sidewalks, or the equipment necessary to maintain them hindered (limbs located less than 10 feet above trail/sidewalk and 2 feet beyond the edge of pavement)
- Utility maintenance and operation activities impeded (water, sanitary sewer and drainage systems)
- Vegetation is diseased, infected with injurious pests or dead