Project Update – March 4, 2019
Pre-construction activity begins this week and includes:
- Setting up traffic control signs that include the construction start date
- Installing a temporary traffic signal at Prairie Center Drive and Anderson Lakes Parkway
- Clearing trees
- Installing erosion control materials around the perimeter of the project
- Delivering equipment to the site
The City anticipates the contractor starting work the week of March 4 and completing the project in fall 2019.
The Preserve Boulevard Improvement Project is proposed to include the following primary components:
- Prairie Center Drive/Preserve Boulevard intersection improvements.
- Addition of a second southbound lane on Preserve Boulevard and associated intersection improvements at Anderson Lakes Parkway.
- Addition of left turn lanes at all intersections along Preserve Boulevard and center medians along the full length of the roadway.
- Addition of a storm water pump station to pump water from Eden Lake to Neil Lake. This is an improvement to the Eden Lake storm water outlet to help control Eden Lake water levels and minimize the impact of large rain events on adjacent properties.
Preliminary Private Utility Relocation
Preliminary private utility work is ongoing along Preserve Boulevard in preparation for the City construction project. Private utility companies such as CenterPoint Energy, Comcast, Xcel Energy and others are relocating their utility lines out of the way of the proposed roadway improvements. This work will include lane closures as well as pedestrian facility closures and detours.
Assistant City Engineer
Related InformationProject Location Map [PDF]
Layout Plan [PDF]
Oct. 6, 2016 Open House Slides [PDF]
July 26, 2016 Open House Slides [PDF]